Chrome extensions are small programs that add functionality to your browser and help you with various tasks. There are many Chrome extensions for students.
But here are some of the most popular ones:
- Grammarly: This extension checks your grammar, spelling, punctuation, and tone in your writing. It works on Gmail, Google Docs, and other websites. It also gives you suggestions to improve your vocabulary and style.
- Kami: This extension lets you annotate, highlight, and comment on PDFs and other documents. You can also collaborate with your classmates and teachers on the same document. Kami works with Google Drive, Google Classroom, and other platforms.
- Cite This For Me: This extension helps you create citations and bibliographies for your research papers. It supports various citation styles, such as APA, MLA, Harvard, and Chicago. You can also export your citations to Word or Google Docs.
- Clockify: This extension helps you track your time and manage your tasks. You can see how much time you spend on different websites, projects, and activities. You can also set goals, reminders, and reports to improve your productivity.
- Momentum: This extension replaces your new tab page with a beautiful image, a motivational quote, and a personal dashboard. You can see your daily focus, weather, to-do list, and more. You can also customize your settings and themes.
- StayFocusd: This extension helps you limit your time on distracting websites, such as social media, games, and videos. You can set a maximum amount of time for each website, or block them entirely. You can also challenge yourself with the Nuclear Option, which blocks all websites for a certain period of time.
- Mercury Reader: This extension removes ads, pop-ups, and other clutter from web pages, leaving only the text and images. You can also adjust the font size, color, and contrast for a better reading experience. Mercury Reader also lets you save articles for later or send them to Kindle.
- Evernote Web Clipper: This extension lets you save web pages, articles, images, and PDFs to your Evernote account. You can also annotate, highlight, and organize your clips into notebooks and tags. Evernote Web Clipper works with Gmail, YouTube, Amazon, and other websites.
How to Install a Chrome Extension?
Installing a Chrome extension is easy and fast. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Chrome Web Store and find the extension you want to install.
- Click Add to Chrome. Some extensions will ask for certain permissions or data. To approve, click Add extension.
- To use the extension, click the icon to the right of the address bar.
You can also manage, remove, or update your extensions by following the instructions on this page. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
I am a teacher educator. I encourage deep and independent learning. I build a community of writers and learners. And also share all educational articles, Methods, Lesson Plans, educational news, events, all boards textbooks, solved papers, admissions, scholarships, and much more here.