HMRC Self-Assessment Login
To log in to HMRC online services for HMRC Self-Assessment Login. You need to have a Government Gateway account and a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number. You can sign in using the below link and follow the instructions on the page. If you do not have a Government Gateway account, you can register for one using this [link] and prove your identity with some personal information. You can also find out more about the eligibility criteria and the services you can use with your HMRC online account.
A UTR number is a 10-digit number that you get when you register for self-assessment or set up a limited company with HMRC. It stands for Unique Taxpayer Reference, and it helps HMRC track your tax records. You need a UTR number if you submit a self-assessment tax return, which could be the case if you are self-employed and have income from savings, dividends, or capital gains.
Earn more than £100,000. You can find your UTR number in your Personal Tax Account, the HMRC app, or previous tax returns and documents from HMRC. If you have lost your UTR number, you can request it by calling the self-assessment helpline or applying online. A UTR number is different from a UTR number for fund transfers to India, which is a code assigned to every transaction to ensure secure and traceable transfers.
How do I register for the assessment?
To register for self-assessment, you need to follow these steps:
Check if you need to send a self-assessment tax return. You can use this [tool] to find out if you are eligible for self-assessment. And what services can you use with your HMRC Self-Assessment Login?
If you need to send a tax return, you need to have a Government Gateway account. A Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number. Now you can sign in or register for a Government Gateway account. You will need to prove your identity with some personal information. You will also need to provide your UTR number. Which you can find in your tax account, the HMRC app, or previous tax returns and documents from HMRC.
Once you have a Government Gateway account and a UTR number. Sign in and file your self-assessment tax return online using this link. You will need to fill out the relevant sections of the tax return form and submit it by the deadline. You will also need to pay your tax bill by the due date. Find more information about how to file your tax return, and how to pay your tax bill. And what to do if you cannot pay on time on the HMRC website.
How do I pay my tax bill online?
To pay your tax bill online, you have several options depending on your situation and preferences. Here are some of the ways you can pay your tax bill online:
- You can pay directly from your bank account using the pay-by-bank account option. You will need to sign in to your online or mobile banking account to approve your payment. You can start your payment using this link.
- You can pay by debit card, credit card, or digital wallet using the pay by card or digital wallet option. You will need to pay a processing fee for this option. You can start your payment using this link.
- You can sign in to your HMRC online account and make a payment from your bank account or by debit or credit card. You will also be able to view your balance, payment history, payment plan details, and more. You can sign in or create an online account using this link.
- You can also use the HMRC app to pay your bill through your bank’s app or using online banking. You will need to download the app from the App Store. Or Google Play and sign in with your Government Gateway account. You can find more information about the app using this link.
- You can also make weekly or monthly payments towards your bill if you prefer. You can get help if you cannot pay your tax bill on time using this link.