TNCompass is a web-based system that provides information and services for educators in Tennessee. It allows educators to register for a user account, view and update their license information, renew their license, add endorsements, and access other resources. TNCompass also allows the public to search for educator license information by name and/or license number.
How do I register for a TNCompass account?
To register for a TNCompass account, you need to have a valid TN educator license or be enrolled in an Educator Preparation Program. You can follow these steps to create your account:
- Go to the [TNCompass – Educator Registration] page.
- Enter your date of birth and social security number.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account and set your password.
- Once you activate your account, you can log in to TNCompass and access the services and resources available for educators.
How long does it take to activate my account?
According to the TNCompass User Guide, it may take up to 24 hours for your account to be activated after you register and receive the email with the activation link. You will be able to log in to TNCompass once your account is activated. If you do not receive the email or have any issues with activating your account, you can contact the technical support team at [email protected] or (877) 314-1412.
How do I renew my license on TNCompass?
To renew your license on TNCompass, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your [TNCompass] account and click My Educator Profile.
- Click the Transaction tab, then click Apply to Renew a License.
- Select the license type and endorsement(s) you want to renew and click (Next).
- Complete the required information and upload any supporting documents. You will need to provide evidence of professional development hours, educator evaluation scores, and/or Praxis test scores, depending on your license type and endorsement(s).
- Review your application and click Submit. You will need to pay a non-refundable fee of $80 for each license type you are renewing.
- You can check the status of your application on the Transaction tab. You will receive an email notification when your application is approved or denied.
What if my license has expired?
If your license has expired, you will need to apply for a reinstatement of your license on TNCompass. You will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Complete the required professional development hours for the license type and endorsement(s) you are reinstating.
- Submit evidence of satisfactory educator evaluation scores for the last two years of teaching, or pass the required Praxis test(s) for the endorsement(s) you are reinstating.
- Pay a non-refundable fee of $200 for each license type you are reinstating.
- You can find more information about the reinstatement process and requirements on the [Educator Licensure] webpage.
I am a teacher educator. I encourage deep and independent learning. I build a community of writers and learners. And also share all educational articles, Methods, Lesson Plans, educational news, events, all boards textbooks, solved papers, admissions, scholarships, and much more here.